The 2018-2019 Lord Mayor's Budget allocated a total of $352,000 towards park upgrades throughout Doboy which included:
- $113,000 playground upgrade for Epala Street Park, Carina
- $110,000 playground upgrade for Rembrandt Street Park, Carina
- $69,000 mini gym upgrade for Summit Street Park, Belmont
- $37,000 footpath upgrade for Kianawah Park, Tingalpa
- $23,000 BBQ upgrade for Mingoola Park, Murarrie
A further $321,900 has been allocated from the 218-2019 Doboy Ward's Footpath & Parks Trust Fund towards upgrades in:
- Thurston Street Park, Tingalpa - $128,000
- Pinnibar Street Park, Hemmant - $106,900
- Saltburn Place Park, Wakerley - $87,000
I recently distributed a survey asking residents for feedback on Council’s proposal to upgrade the playground equipment in Pinnibar Street Park, Hemmant.
The survey distributed asked for residents to indicate their preference to:
- Yes, upgrade Pinnibar Street Park, or
- No, keep it ‘as is’.
After collating the results of the survey, it is evident there is overwhelming support for the playground upgrades to proceed.
Of the Pinnibar Street Park residents who responded, 98% are in favour of the upgrade with 2% against.
A number of great suggestions were submitted, including barbecue areas, bike and scooter paths, fencing around the playground, equipment suitable for older and younger children, and a new slide.
Thurston Street Park and Saltburn Place Park surveys are currently being undertaken, with initial responses being positive.
All park projects are proposed for completion before 30 June 2019, weather an construction conditions permitting.