Cr Ryan Murphy
COUNCILLOR FOR DOBOY WARD
Ryan Murphy is a lifelong resident of Brisbane's eastern suburbs and as Councillor for Doboy Ward, is committed to delivering for his constituents.
Growing up, Ryan attended Carina State School and then Iona College at Lindum. After graduating he joined the Australian Army Reserves as a Signaller, before going on to further study at the University of Queensland.
Ryan was elected to Council in 2012, becoming Brisbane’s youngest councillor. Before entering Council, Ryan was employed in the private sector as a public relations consultant to some of Queensland's largest infrastructure and resource projects.
Ryan has lived in Wakerley since 2013 and his priorities for Doboy Ward include improving local roads and parks, strengthening local community organisations through the Lord Mayor’s Suburban Initiative Fund.
Ryan supports a diverse variety of local community groups in Doboy Ward including:
- Neighbourhood Watch groups and P&Cs
- Charitable organisations and sporting clubs
- Environmental and conservation groups
- Local service clubs (including Rotary, Apex and Lions)
- Resident and progress associations
Ryan is an associate with the Public Relations Institute of Australia and is the founder of the Wakerley Christmas Carols Council (W3C).
Ryan proudly serves as a Patron of the following community organisations:
- Friends of Tingalpa Cemetery Heritage Group
- All Gauge Model Railway Club
- Mayfield Marlins Swimming Club
- Balmoral Cycling Club
- Wynnum & District Horse & Pony Club Inc.
- Minnippi parkrun
Ryan serves as Councillor Assisting the Lord Mayor on Youth Affairs. He is also Deputy Chairman of the Finance, Economic Development and Administration Committee and sits on the Infrastructure Committee.