Wynnum Road, Tingalpa
The Lord Mayor's 2017/18 Budget has allocated $98,000 for footpath reconstruction along Wynnum Rd, Tingalpa.
This will be completed before the end of the 17/18 financial year.
This follows the $375,000 reconstruction of the footpath along Wynnum Rd, Cannon Hill (as below).
Brisbane's ugliest footpath no more
Earlier this year, I announced that Brisbane's ugliest footpath (outside the Cannon Hill shops on Wynnum Rd) would receive a make over.
Council allocated $375,000 from the 16/17 Budget towards the project, which included:
- Full width concrete footpath removal and the construction of a 1.5m wide strip footpath with turf each side
- Removal of existing trees and replacement with 30+ garden beds with new plantings
- Alterations to the vehicular entrance at the Wynnum Rd frontage of Kmart
- Numerous Service Utility pit upgrades
- Removal and reinstatement of various street/suburb signage
- Removal of one bus stop shelter and minor upgrading of the other shelter
I'm excited to announce this footpath has now been completed.